Friday, July 18, 2008

Doggie bubbles

So I was doing my usual blog surfing and came across Jeaniene Frost's post about her dog eating raisins, which reminded me of a similar experience when Yeager (my dog) ate an entire bar of soap.  After calling the vet, she told me to give him peroxide to induce vomiting.  We were concerned about getting him to take it, but it turned out it wasn't a worry because (obviously) the dog eats anything -- soap, rocks, socks, and apparently peroxide, which he licked straight out of a cereal bowl.  She also told me to be prepared for the bubbles.

So he and I walk into the back yard and he starts farting bubbles.  OMG.  I almost died.  I swear to God, bubbles came out of his ass.  And his nose.  I felt sorry for him, but it was the funniest damn thing I'd ever seen.  Finally, he threw up the soap.  And for the rest of the night, he let these horrible little bubble stinkers . . .

Beware the dog who eats soap!  

7 comments:

Becky said...

Kel... I really, really needed a funny story today. (I cannot even stress how much.) I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. You rock. And so does your dog! ;)

Kelly Gay said...

Well I'm glad to brighten your day for a little bit at least. :)

S. E. Ward said...

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! I shouldn't feed soap to the cat, right? :) Aldous is stupid enough to eat it, and I can just see him trotting through the house, tail in the air, squeaking from one end and bubbling from the other.

Your poor dog. :) But, still, OMFG.

Kelly Gay said...

I know, right? I still get the giggles when I think about it!

Tia Nevitt said...

That was so funny! Did you get video?

Ingrid said...

OMG! That is hilarious!!! I needed that this morning. Thanks! No video?

Kelly Gay said...

I know! I wish I had gotten it all on video; that might have won me some AFV prize money!

Sadly, I didn't even think about it at the time . . . figures. :/