- Organizing promo things for DEOD, which doesn't come out until the end of Aug., but there are things (swag, ads, etc.) that need to be designed, ordered, and begun now...
- There was seeing to the final details of KellyGay.com (which turned out fabulous!!).
- Reading over and signing my YA contract.
- Coming off the RITA nod, and thus planning my trip to Nashville to take part in the conference and awards ceremony. (This also includes dieting and exercise, so I can fit into some type of ball gown of yet-to-be-determined or imagined style. (I. Am. Not. A. Shopper.)
- Figuring out taxes. This makes me drink. Heavily. Just sayin'. Though, a bright spot here is that I'm hiring a CPA to tax plan for 2010 and, hopefully, every dang year thereafter!
All this has thrown me off my usual writing routine a bit. But, as some of you already know, I did begin writing a new Charlie Madigan scene that got stuck in my head and had to be written. This scene involves the mention and subsequent creation (on my part) of a an eerie mythical creature that I totally dig, for it's creepy and dark and soooooo lethal. ;-)
I love connecting with readers and networking, organizing, and getting fab-o news. But, man, when the creation bulb sparks that is when I love my job the most. That's when I'm in my element and doing what I'm meant to do. So, yay for the scary creatures! I'm off to write...