- Starting to organize promo stuff. (ARC list for reviewers, etc..)
- Completing a couple interview questions for later this month and next.
- Working on Charlie #3
- Getting nervous about Sci-Fi/Fantasy Panel at B&N in two weeks.
So all in all pretty quiet right now. Been thinking a lot about this second Charlie book, and how people are going to react to it. The feeling with this one releasing is a bit different than the first. BPOD was basically "Here is my book. Dear God, I hope people don't use it as kindling" kind of thing. People would like it or they wouldn't. But when I wrote this second one, I had an all-consuming desire to give everyone what I thought they might want in the second book.
I learned that's just crazy thinking. The only way I can write a great second book is to write what I want to write, what speaks to me, and makes me passionate. Hopefully that'll translate onto the page. If I write to please someone else, it all falls apart. Can't please everyone. Doesn't work that way. Might as well bang my laptop against my head.
So, wondering what you'll get with the second? A book that pleased me. A book that (after I got over the second book hump) I fell totally in love with and wrote from my heart. A book that I hope you will love too. In DEOD we'll see:
- More Hank. (We all need a little more Hank in our lives, right?)
- The intro of a character known as the Druid King.
- A journey into the early myths of Elysia and Charbydon
- And interesting turn of events with Rex (because, as we all know, with Rex we can expect the unexpected).